Wednesday 7 April 2010

Sant'Ambroggio

I was early for my next appointment so I decided to stop off at Sant’Ambroggio. It’s not somewhere I visit often as I tend to head for the more obvious places such as Calvi or Ile Rousse, but I am really glad I did.



Sant’Ambroggio is a collection of low-rise apartments and little beach houses tucked away amongst landscaped gardens. What started life as just a collection of apartments has now transformed into a proper little community with a cluster of shops and restaurants including a mini-market, butcher, baker, newsagent, post office, laundrette and even a hairdresser as well as a small port



At this time of year the beach was deserted even though it was Wednesday (no school) and the sun was shining, and I didn’t have any trouble finding a parking spot. However, in the summer, really the only way to benefit from this little corner of paradise is to become a resident (even if only temporarily!)

No comments:

Post a Comment