Sunday 1 August 2010

Mancinu Plage

For some reason I had a Julie Andrews moment this morning and was up at the crack of dawn cheerfully making clothes from curtains (metaphorically speaking!), so by 9:30am I’d broken the back of the days work and was on the look out for something to occupy me.














This morning I wasn’t intending to swim and although it was hot enough to sunbathe, I really wanted to just sit on the beach and indulge in a spot of people watching, so Mancinu was perfect. It sits just between the town and the harbour, and it’s here that most of the water sports start, so there are plenty of comings and goings.














Fortunately, I had my glasses on because otherwise I would have been quite convinced that my eyes were playing tricks on me when I spotted a car crossing paths with a yacht in the bay! It turns out that it was a ‘James-Bond-amphibian’ style pedalo with a slide on the front – how cool is that! I definitely need to have a go at that next time.














The beach itself was surprisingly quiet until about 11am, with only the odd canoe passing and peals of laughter from the kiddiwinks running in and out of the water, but then I suppose most people were indulging in a bit of a lie-in – it is Sunday after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment