Wednesday 23 June 2010

Plage de la Barrière, Cappiciolo

I love the Plage de la Barrière – in fact, I’d go as far as to say that this is my favourite beach in the Valinco, which is no mean feat when you consider how many there are to choose from!



What makes this beach special (for me anyway) is that even when the other beaches are busy, this one is generally quite quiet. This is because a) it’s not easy to find and I very often whizz past before I realise! and b) the access track is not one recommended for flip-flop wearers such as myself!



At the bottom, the track opens out onto a glorious stretch of coves, all linked together like a link of scalloped bunting. It was incredibly hot but luckily there were just 3 or 4 people basking in the sunshine so I soon found myself a choice of two crescents of golden sand to choose from.



The other thing I love about this beach is that I always seem to find something unusual. Last time I found a crocodile (well a bit of driftwood that I thought was a crocodile hiding under the maquis for about 5 seconds!).



Today, as well as the odd cairn atop a rock, I saw that someone had arranged some driftwood branches into a dry tree planted in the sand. OK, so not quite so creative as the Sphynx and Pyramid sand castles we saw at Roccapina, but who am I to stifle creative talent!!

No comments:

Post a Comment