Thursday 24 June 2010

Domaine San Michelli, Vigneron Sartenais

Pretty much the only thing I know about Wine is that you should drink what you like, so I am struck dumb almost with fear when I have to choose a bottle to take to dinner at friends (particularly one in Olmi Cappella who shall remain nameless!).



Fortunately, a couple of years ago I came across a bottle of the red from the Domaine San Michelli and thought we’d give it a whirl. Well, what a resounding success it was, so red wine crisis well and truly over – hurrah!





We’d been to Tizzano in the afternoon, to get back to Propriano we have to pass almost right in front of the door of the ‘cave’ where you can buy the wine direct from the Vigneron, so it would have been rude not to stop.



Although I knew the red, I’d never tried the Rosé which was equally impressive, so I found myself with 6 of one and half a dozen of the other as the saying goes! White is not really my thing, but I have it on good authority that it’s also fab...

No comments:

Post a Comment