Friday 12 March 2010

Wild asparagus and lemons

It’s been so busy this week that I’ve been tied in front of my computer non-stop, so when I woke up and saw the bright blue skies and spring-like weather, I knew it wouldn’t be long before I found a good excuse to get out into the sunshine.



One of the jobs on my list was to photograph the terrace of a property within the domaine where we live. Although just a few minutes walk from my house, it up a steep hill and I’d set off at such a pace I thought my lungs might explode! Just goes to show how quickly you can become unfit! Luckily, a quick photo of the view was a good excuse to stop and catch my breath!



What’s great about this time of year is that the flowers are already in bloom and the grounds where we live are filled with fresh herbs and even wild asparagus – yum! Sadly, without my glasses I couldn’t spot one even if it was 3 feet tall, but luckily I know a 5 year old with the eyes of a hawk, so we came back with enough for a quiche and some soup, and still some left over in a mug that I’m not sure what to do with!



Fortunately, I didn’t need my glasses to spot the huge ripe lemons hanging from the tree next door. With my neighbour away on the continent, it’d be a shame for them to go to waste so although I could have thought of some delicious citrus recipes, why spoil their natural state when they are just as happy in my G&T...

No comments:

Post a Comment