Thursday 18 March 2010

Bacon and Red Pesto Pasta

After being out in the sunshine nearly all day, I needed something quick to put together for dinner, so I opted for Bacon and Red Pesto Pasta with Courgettes.



For 2 people;
- 1 large onion roughly chopped
- 3 medium/ large mushrooms roughly chopped
- Approx. 100g bacon chopped
- 4/5 teaspoons of red pesto according to taste
- Two portions of pasta
- Parmesan to garnish

Lightly dry fry the bacon but don’t crisp, add the onion and mushrooms and soften. Keep over a low heat and cook the pasta. Add 2-3 teaspoons of red pesto to the sauce and stir. Home-made pesto is best but if you want to cheat (like me!) use a good quality rough chopped pesto. Drain the pasta and stir through 1-2 teaspoons of pesto to the pasta. I served mine with courgettes that I had blanched and then roasted with garlic cheese – yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment