Thursday 23 September 2010

Villas Ronduli, Calvi

No matter how lovely the place you live, we all need a break from time to time, so this week I am ‘on holiday’ in the north of Corsica with some friends.













I think this is the first time that I have really appreciated how different the north and south are. The north to me has a distinctly more Italian feel to it whereas the south west definitely feels more French.














As we were travelling with a little one (and it’s the end of September), we chose the Villas Ronduli as they have a heated pool. The water was like a bath and I have to admit that yesterday I must have dozed off while I was floating on the lilo in the sunshine surrounded by the scent of the flowers.














Unfortunately, I got rather a rude awakening as I must have shifted in my sleep and found myself taking a rather unexpected dip! That said, it was the most relaxed I have felt in months.


















The best thing about it for me though has been that I can swim in the evenings – what a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment