Wednesday 13 October 2010

EDF (Électricité de France) or the SAS?

I am as deaf as a post so coupled with the fact that when I walk I listen to music through headphones, it’s rare that I hear anything going on around me, but this morning I was convinced that we were under attack!


















The helicopter was flying so low over head that almost as soon as I’d heard it, my hair was flapping around like the wild woman of borneo and I was huddling into my walking jacket where the down current from the blades was so cold. It took me a while to work out what was going on, but it seems that despite a fleet of brand new 4x4 all terrain vehicles, EDF find it easier to work on the electricity lines by helicopter! That’d be why my bills are so high then...














All I can say is that working for the electricity company in Corsica must be much more fun-filled than elsewhere as they were delivering chainsaws on the end of a wire, and then depositing men onto the pylons in the same fashion before flying daredevil style between the trees and landing in a field. All they needed were some balaclavas and it could have been an SAS style mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment