Friday 7 May 2010

Early summer flowers

Some days you just can’t get out from behind the computer, but when it’s 24 degrees and the sun is shining, those are the days that I find myself in the garden, wondering at the marvels of modern technology and Wireless internet connections in particular!



So, armed with my laptop and a sunlounger I settled myself outside but it wasn’t long before I was distracted by the smell. It was absolutely heavenley and I couldn’t work out where it was coming from. It turned out to be clump of freesias huddled in the shade of an oleander bush in my neighbours garden.



They were absolutely gorgeous in all colours from yellow through to a mottled red, so I knew that the moment the neighbours went back to the continent, I’d have a living room filled with that lovely smell!



With the (dubious) helps of the cats Minou, Bella and Lenny, who were following me round as though I was the Pied Piper of Hamlin because they thought they were going to get fed, we also found all sorts of pretty flowers that were just growing between the cracks in the paths between the houses.



I’m not normally so pleased that the gardener doesn’t weed properly!

No comments:

Post a Comment