Wednesday 3 June 2009

Cappiciolo - unspoilt enough for a safari?

It’s such a shock on the rare occasion that the weather is not so good here in Corsica, but it rarely lasts long. Today was one of those days. Having planned a couple of hours on the beach this afternoon, I was disappointed to see a sky full of cloud when I woke up. Luckily, by lunchtime the sea breeze had chased away the cloud leaving a beautiful blue sky.



The plan was to head out to the Plage de Cyrnos half way between Propriano and Porto Pollo, but as we’d started out late we decided to stop at Cappiciolo instead. There weren’t many cars so we knew there wouldn’t be many people on the beach and we were able to settle ourselves in a prime spot next to the rocks.



I was convinced that I’d been transported back to the 1920’s or the set of ‘Carry on up the Jungle’ when I saw this bloke and his wife walking along the back of the beach. I know Corsica is unspoilt, but full safari gear does seem a bit excessive!



After a cloudy start, we were back to our usual good weather and a beautiful sunset which gave me the opportunity to trot out my favourite Italian phrase ‘Rosso di sera, bel tempo si spera’ which sounds so much more evocative than our ‘red sky at night, shepherds delight’…

No comments:

Post a Comment